1933 to the present
When the doctors and businessmen in Antigo, Wisconsin, some 75 miles north of New London, WI, heard of the quality health care given to the residents in New London, they invited our sisters from Chatham, N.B. to administer their hospital in Antigo. In March 1933 three Religious Hospitallers from Chatham, N.B., Sisters MacIntosh, Malvina Martin and Gladys Rideout, with the permission of Bishop Paul Rhode of Green Bay, began their new ministry in Antigo in the Langlade County Memorial Hospital.
In order to meet the increasing health demands of the community and surrounding area, a new addition to the hospital was completed in 1954. Additional space was added in 1978 to house enlarged ancillary departments such as surgery, radiology, and outpatient services. In February 1993, a new medical clinic was built adjacent to the hospital. In 2003, Langlade Memorial Hospital completed a $12.4 million dollar renovation and expansion project - the largest ever in the history of the hospital. The project included the construction of a 30,000 square foot medical office building (named the St. Joseph's Outpatient Center), surgical center, skywalk, and renovations to several hospital departments. In June of 2007 ground was broken for the construction of a new radiation oncology clinic on the campus of the St. Joseph's Outpatient Center. In July 2008, the Langlade Memorial Hospital was renamed the Langlade Hospital following Vatican approval of the Hospital’s formal affiliation with the non-profit, community-directed health system Aspirus. The hospital is a member of Catholic Health International.