1950 to the present
Hogar de la Madre 1951 - 1971
In 1950, when the Sisters in the Amazon mission dreamt of having a pied a terre in Lima, the Congregation received an offer to assume the internal administration of Hogar de la Madre, a maternity center for poor women, established by Mrs. Rosalia Lavallee de Morales Macedo. The General Council of the Hospitallers in New Brunswick accepted this offer and on May 4,1951, five Sisters arrived at Hogar de la Madre. They remained there until 1971, at which time the administration was entrusted to a Medical Director.
Regional House 1960
To facilitate administration, promote unity and a better integration of Sisters into the county, the Congregation decided to establish a Regional House in Lima. At the outset, they received young girls who were thinking of religious life. After having been located in Las Flores, Monterrico and San Antonio, in 1974, the regional house settled in Santa Catalina and is currently in the San Juan Macias parish.
Del Empleado Hospital 1961-1968
The Peruvian government had a hospital built for state employees. The Director wanted the Sisters to be consultants for hospital related issues and as directors of certain specialized services. Upon recommendation of the Apostolic Nuncio of Peru, the Congregation accepted this challenge.
In 1961, four hospitallers established a new community in quarters provided for them. The Sisters met many difficulties and opposition from the nurses. After seven years of experience, the Sisters decided to leave paid positions in hospitals to lay persons of the country. They withdrew from the Empleado Hospital to serve in more needy areas.
“Siete de Octubre”, Valdiviezo 1973-2000
A few RHSJ from Lima felt called to work among the poor in the slums and established themselves in Valdiviezio in 1973. They made home visits to the sick, provided wellness programs for families and all aspects of education. Young Sisters in formation came to this community. In 2000, this community closed and the RHSJ were called to serve elsewhere.
Santa Anita, House of formation 1988-2003
This community was opened to receive and provide formation for young aspirants to religious life. They were engaged in catechetics, pastoral health care and elimination of illiteracy. In 2004, while remaining in this Santa Anita area, the formation house moved and took the name of Casa Maria de la Ferre.
San Carlos 1999-2008
In 1999, Sisters Bibianne Daible and Rocio Andrade went to live in San Carlos. This area developed in the 1960s when families coming from villages in the Andes arrived there to flee from terrorism. The RHSJ were involved in this area through social work, pastoral ministry and assistance to the parish