1636 to the present
In May 1636, Marie de la Ferre and Anne Foureau formed a community at the Hotel-Dieu with three servants of the poor already on site.
In 1793, at the time of the French Revolution, the Hotel-Dieu was transformed into a prison and the Hospitallers of Saint Joseph were expelled. In 1802, they resumed care for the sick in the former convent of the Visitandines which became a hospital where they worked until 1993. But in 1985, they left their hospital quarters and moved into a new home built close to the hospital.
Announce the Good News of Jesus Christ by service to the poor and the sick.
The La Fleche community is the administrative office of the Holy Family region. There are six Sisters in this community engaged in pastoral health care ministry, visiting isolated persons and the poor within their partnership with the parish and the hospital chaplaincy