1947 to the present
Bishop Marie-Antoine Roy, first bishop of Edmunston, requested the RHSJ to open a hospital in Perth. The three founding Sisters, Corrine Kerr, Leona Hache and Yvonne Hubert arrived in Seprember, 1947. The majority of the population of this region were Protestant and somewhat reticent about welcoming Catholic Sisters. However, the future proved that in caring for the body they captured the hearts of their patients. In the fall of 1953, after several negotiations and difficulties, construction of a new hospital began under the direction of Sister Brigitte Legere. Monsignor Gagnon blessed the new Hotel-Dieu in July 1954. The Sisters were present in this Hospital until 1993. It is a member of Catholic Health International, Health system.
In the true spirit of ecumenism, the twelve Churches and denominations, work together in close collaboration for the well-being of the sick. The RHSJ, faithful to their charism, participate in this effort of unity.
One RHSJ works in the Perth Andover parish