NORTH SHORE - Baie-Comeau
1950 to present
In the spring of 1947, Bishop N.A. Labrie a Eudiste Father, Bishop of the Gulf of St. Lawrence, came to Montreal to request five or six Sisters to administer a hospital which was being planned for Baie Comeau on the north shore of Quebec. However, it was at the archbishop’s residence in Hauterive that the Hospitallers of Saint Joseph arrived in 1950 to care for approximately 30 patients in this temporary hospital. This was the origin of a charitable work which would become the source of a broad range of apostolic influence on the North Shore.
In 2009, the apostolic works are being sustained with the same spirit by the Associates and collaborators of the Hospitallers. One Hospitaller is present providing formation of Volunteers in pastoral care services at the hospital. One Hospitaller is present providing formation of Volunteers in pastoral care services at the hospital.
One Hospitaller, Sister Rolande Dugas, is engaged in the formation of volunteers in pastoral care services at the hospital. She also provides counseling to the staff and those requesting her services.